#HerWednesdays is a platform for young and upcoming Bulawayo artists for encouragement, mentorship, and growth. They key is holding each other’s hands as we maneuver real life experiences.
- Imparting innovative skills that improve and sustain female artists in Bulawayo
- Creating a platform for solidarity and improvement of different forms of art.
Afro Jazz musician, songwriter, dancer & actress.
Actress-Film and television ,stage, Certificate (Sabela summer school performing Arts). Dansamadansani Dance Training Course
Qeqeshiwe Mntambo is a daughter, sister and friend to those close to her, but in Zimbabwe she is an award winning dancer, actress as well as a natural born Afro-Jazz Queen. She’s a Zimbabwean born Xhosa who’s career blossomed when she was just in her early twenties. Qeqe or “Que” in short, uses her voice as a God given instrument to express herself in a impactful and meaningful ways. Que is noted for her fascinating and captivating vocals and lyrics inspired by her vast life experiences. Moved by the likes of Simphiwe Dana, Aretha Franklin , Bob Marley ,Thandiswa Mazwai and Brenda Mtambo , just to mention a few, her singing is mature, exciting and breathtaking.
Qeqe’s morality shines in this well-chosen Collection of song and performs her own compositions of traditional Xhosa songs and her own renditions of afro jazz and afro soul and will here and there throw in a bit of Xhosa dances that always leaves the audience intrigued. Qeqeshiwe invites you to an intoxicating sensory journey that will not only excite the ears but also tantalise the mind. From the mellow smoothness of Jazz music to the seductive sweetness of the high and low pitches of sound delivered by her voice, she lets you explore a whole new world full of wonders and possibilities. This is one of the best bands yet to be discovered. Qeqeshiwe and Jam Session Band are a force to reckon with, given all the necessary, resources, financial support and promotion.
- Performed and shared stage in Zimbabwe with one of the biggest groups in SouthAfrica Kalawa Jazmee through music – July 2012 December 2013
- Performed with Umkhathi Theatre Works touring the USA in New York, Denver, Washington DC. Also took part UNWTO tour in Victoria Falls – 2013
- Toured Russia, Europe, USA and Germany, Australia, Ukraine, Zimbabwe with iNtombi Zomqangala and Umkhathi theatre works – April 2013
- Intwasa Arts festival -2015 and MASA FESTIVAL in Cote divoire – 2016.
- Vocalist, Dancer & Actress at The DIVAs Inc. – 2013 to date.
- Vocalist, One Stand Band – 2013 to 2018.
- Vocalist – Solo project with Jam Session Band – 2018 to date
Film, Television and theatre
- Suku directed by Gugulethu
- Stitsha the new directed by S Dlodlo
- Lead role in a stage play It never rains but pours – HIFA 2012
- Umbiko kaMadlenya, Raisdon Baya Production – 2014
- Shacken n’ Not Stirred – Mandy Mash Production – 2016
- Everybody’s Talking – Mandy Mash Production – 2018
- Winner of the NAMA outstanding Actress Award – 2013
- Alliance Francaise, French singing Competition – 2015
Mobile: +263 772 610 551 / +263 73 340 4886
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Novuyo Seairl & Lwandle
Nomvuyo Seagirl Dube is a 27 year old Artist from Bulawayo. She is a talented singer, dancer and actor. She was the 2015 Starbrite overall winner and Dreamstar 2018 finalist. She is a former member of Sandra Ndebele’s Intombizomqangala women ensemble and with them she has toured Germany, Austria & Russia. In 2012 she was cast in Umoja cultural flying carpet and with them she toured South Africa and Mozambique. She has also performed alongside Zim’s Notable artists like Edith we Utonga, Stunner and Ba Shupi at HIFA 2014. She started her own Band with her sisters, Lwandle Nomvula and Qeqeshiwe. Together they have performed in various places around the country and participated in corporate events. Novuyo is currently studying towards a Higher Diploma in Sound Engineering and Music Production at the College of Creative Arts Africa, an Affiliate of MSU. This is where she met the producer of her hit songs A e i o u and Bambelela.
Her awards include the SkyzMetro Best Female and Best House song, as well as Starfm best house song! She recently scooped two more awards at the Roil BAA 2019 for Outstanding Female and Outstanding song of the year.
Mubanga Natasha Tarukwana, stage name Mimmie Tarukwana is a 25year old versatile artist born and bred in Bulawayo Zimbabwe. Started out as backing vocalist for local artists. Was part of the first edition of women of valour. One of the lead vocalists in The Outfit band a jazz band.
I released my first single June 2018 which was later nominated for 2 skyz metro fm awards. This year I was nominated for outstanding Newcomer Across all genres in the Roil BAA. Released my first video December 2018. Selected for Mr Eazi’s Empawa 100 the only one from Byo. I’ve performed at unplugged Byo. I performed at HIFA with De Lukes. Performed at the American embassy and shared stages with the late Dr Oliver Mtukudzi, Khaya Mthethwa, Judith Sephuma, Bekezela, Asaph, Hunter tones a band from America, Djembe Monks and Jazz Invitation. I’ve been part of the Roil Bulawayo Arts award in House band twice as well as the Skyz metro fm awards.
Charmaine Mudau is a versatile theatre practitioner with more than nine years of theatre experience. She has a deep rooted cultural background that has contributed more to her involvement in cultural programmes and acting as culture is her way of life. She is of Venda heritage and she prides herself in her Venda heritage. She is the second (2nd) born in a family of four (4) children.
- Featured in a NAMA award winning production 2015, UMbiko kaMadlenya.
- Multi award nominee Bulawayo Arts Awards (2018 and 2019)
Chiedza Mapani is a young lady born on the 5th of August 1996 in the City of Harare. She moved with her family to Bulawayo in the year 2000, and that’s where she grew up. Chiedza she started pursuing her music career after high school by writing and singing covers. In 2018 Chiedza was introduced to Tinashe Basa also known as “Tizzie” by Banks , they discovered her full interest and passion for music .That’s when she did a Track with Skaiva entitled ” It All about You” at Tizzie Studios. She then started working with the likes of Volcanic and did the ” Mumunda “song which means in the field (it collectively means works). Chiedza is found on Instagram as Chiedza_Mapani and on Facebooks as Chiedza Mapani.