#HerWednesdays is a platform for young and upcoming Bulawayo artists for encouragement, mentorship, and growth. They key is holding each other’s hands as we maneuver real life experiences.
- Imparting innovative skills that improve and sustain female artists in Bulawayo
- Creating a platform for solidarity and improvement of different forms of art.
Afro Jazz musician, songwriter, dancer & actress.
Actress-Film and television ,stage, Certificate (Sabela summer school performing Arts). Dansamadansani Dance Training Course
Qeqeshiwe Mntambo is a daughter, sister and friend to those close to her, but in Zimbabwe she is an award winning dancer, actress as well as a natural born Afro-Jazz Queen. She’s a Zimbabwean born Xhosa who’s career blossomed when she was just in her early twenties. Qeqe or “Que” in short, uses her voice as a God given instrument to express herself in a impactful and meaningful ways. Que is noted for her fascinating and captivating vocals and lyrics inspired by her vast life experiences. Moved by the likes of Simphiwe Dana, Aretha Franklin , Bob Marley ,Thandiswa Mazwai and Brenda Mtambo , just to mention a few, her singing is mature, exciting and breathtaking.
Qeqe’s morality shines in this well-chosen Collection of song and performs her own compositions of traditional Xhosa songs and her own renditions of afro jazz and afro soul and will here and there throw in a bit of Xhosa dances that always leaves the audience intrigued. Qeqeshiwe invites you to an intoxicating sensory journey that will not only excite the ears but also tantalise the mind. From the mellow smoothness of Jazz music to the seductive sweetness of the high and low pitches of sound delivered by her voice, she lets you explore a whole new world full of wonders and possibilities. This is one of the best bands yet to be discovered. Qeqeshiwe and Jam Session Band are a force to reckon with, given all the necessary, resources, financial support and promotion.
- Performed and shared stage in Zimbabwe with one of the biggest groups in SouthAfrica Kalawa Jazmee through music – July 2012 December 2013
- Performed with Umkhathi Theatre Works touring the USA in New York, Denver, Washington DC. Also took part UNWTO tour in Victoria Falls – 2013
- Toured Russia, Europe, USA and Germany, Australia, Ukraine, Zimbabwe with iNtombi Zomqangala and Umkhathi theatre works – April 2013
- Intwasa Arts festival -2015 and MASA FESTIVAL in Cote divoire – 2016.
- Vocalist, Dancer & Actress at The DIVAs Inc. – 2013 to date.
- Vocalist, One Stand Band – 2013 to 2018.
- Vocalist – Solo project with Jam Session Band – 2018 to date
Film, Television and theatre
- Suku directed by Gugulethu
- Stitsha the new directed by S Dlodlo
- Lead role in a stage play It never rains but pours – HIFA 2012
- Umbiko kaMadlenya, Raisdon Baya Production – 2014
- Shacken n’ Not Stirred – Mandy Mash Production – 2016
- Everybody’s Talking – Mandy Mash Production – 2018
- Winner of the NAMA outstanding Actress Award – 2013
- Alliance Francaise, French singing Competition – 2015
Mobile: +263 772 610 551 / +263 73 340 4886
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
A description of the project and the works presented.